(10)This four ingredient bread is quick, easy and delicious.
- 3 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 166000⁄100000 cups buttermilk (roughly)
- 1 Nonstick baking sheet, lightly dusted with flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well and mix it into the dry ingredients with a round-bladed knife or your hands to make a soft, slightly sticky, rough-looking dough.
- Turn out the dough on a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a ball. Set the dough onto the baking sheet and gently flatten it so it is about 1 1⁄2 inches high. With a table knife, score the dough with a cross. Dust with a little flour then bake for about 35 minutes until a good golden brown. To test if the loaf is cooked, tap underneath with your knuckles.
- If it sounds hollow, it is ready. If it gives a dull thud, bake it for a few minutes longer and test it again.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Wrap well to store or freeze for up to 1 month
- Read More: https://ohiosamishcountry.com/recipes/breads/soda-bread